Thursday, June 30, 2011

Don't want to go home today!

I don't feel like going home today. My shift will get over in an hour's time and I am hoping for a miracle to happen. Do miracles really happen, sometimes I feel yes and other times I feel they don't.

In the morning when I reached office, I went to restroom to wash my face. Before coming out of the restroom I looked into the mirror to examine my face and clothes. Then I picked up my handbag and while picking up my handbag I realized something was missing. My gold ring wasn't there, I checked all my fingers but it wasn't in any of them. I looked on the floor in every direction but there was no sign of it. You feel egregious when you lose something expensive, I had felt the same. When I didn’t find it anywhere, I decided to call home to check if I had dropped it there, but then someone whispered in my ear and asked me to check the trash can. I did that, I felt a little disgusted to put my hand into a trashcan that was kept in a public toilet but I don't regret because I found my ring in there. It was in the tissue paper with which I had dried my hands. I felt so lucky and thanked God. It was like a miracle.

I can tell something that happened but not that never happened. So the incident that I mentioned was about sometimes when I feel miracles happen and about other times I can only say that this phase of my life is full of those other times when I doubt they happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment